Just a couple of more blogs before the SIM practice, and here is this week’s questions.
Case reminder: 24 yom Blair has global urticaria and SOB. The initial vitals were:
RR 32, HR 140, BP 80/50, GCS 14 (4,4,6), SPO2 80% on RA, bilateral wheeze
You are doing fantastic basic airway care. You’ve also decided to give adrenaline….but Blair further deteriorates;
RR 32, HR150, BP70/40, GCS 3, SPO2 89% on non-rebreather, stridor
- What is your next step in terms of looking after airway & vent?
- What is the typical tidal volume of an adult?
- How often do you ventilate Blair?
- What factors influence the difficult ventilation via LMA? (Difficult LMA vent predictors)
- Would you ETI (call R50 if EMT or Para) Blair?
- Do you remember the difficult ETI predictors?
Look forward to hearing your response : )